Thursday, February 2, 2023
Wednesday, February 1, 2023
Notre Dame OL Jarrett Patterson with a nice initial strike. Uproots the defensive tackle. Level raises a bit and gives up the inside but still a slow “win” for the defender. pic.twitter.com/W42w0p6fFl— Ryan Roberts (@RiseNDraft) February 1, 2023
Tuesday, January 31, 2023
Draft nerds dig the big men. Dawand Jones and Jarrett Patterson pic.twitter.com/DFWvVLGtQk— Barroom Network (@BarroomNetwork) January 31, 2023
Isaiah Foskey: Four down player. https://t.co/ooeMWqQzAI— Matt Freeman (@mattfreemanISD) January 31, 2023
Notre Dame’s Isaiah Foskey making Michigan’s Ryan Hayes look silly 😳 pic.twitter.com/sLk6v9ejfX— Tyler Horka (@tbhorka) January 31, 2023
Ohio State OT Dawand Jones vs Notre Dame DL Isaiah Foskey. Foskey is 6-5 265 pic.twitter.com/iaiAvfqOqn— The Buckeye Nut (@TheBuckeyeNut) January 31, 2023
Thursday, January 26, 2023
What if --- in the not to distant future the major college football landscape looks something like this:
- Only four (4) major conferences of 15 schools each -- 60 schools total
- The top team in each conference gets the first round bye in the College Football Playoff
- The 2nd team in each conference hosts a first round Playoff game
- Then the next four teams (by ranking) will make the College Football Playoff
- These 60 schools establish their own set of rules of governing:
- a Salary Cap for NIL -- including a central "bank" that will disperse all NIL funds to players
- get caught paying a student-athlete additional funding -- automatic five-year ban from Playoff and Bowl Games
- Stricter rules on "free agency" -- entering the Transfer Portal and when eligible
- And an annual College Football Player Draft -- to even out the talent gap
The College Football Draft might look something like this:
- An Eleven (11) Round Draft for Offensive Players
- High School stars can be selected by as many as five different teams -- then they negotiate their NIL deals (following the salary cap rules) -- and pick their college
- An Eleven (11) Round Draft for Defensive Players
- Again, High School stars can be selected by as many as five different teams -- then they negotiate their NIL deals (following the salary cap rules) -- and pick their college
Every High School star drafted has the option of not signing with any of the teams that drafted him and become a free agent. The rules for a drafted player who opted into free agency are as follows:
- They can not sign as a free agent with any team that drafted them
- College teams will be limited to signing "three free agents" in total, who opted into free agency after being drafted
Then the balance of players are classified as "free agents" and are "recruited" like the good 'ol days with the same NIL salary cap in place for each team.
- Each college program can only sign a maximum of 7 of the 22 players (offense and defense) that they draft -- this will spread out the talent pool
Tuesday, January 24, 2023
Sunday, January 22, 2023
Saturday, January 21, 2023
Friday, January 20, 2023
Notre Dame's all time winningest coach in Men's Basketball history is announcing his retirement -- effective at the end of the season at 11 AM ET today.
Congrats Mike -- you always represented the Fighting Irish in a first class manner all 23 years!!!
WATCH IT LIVE ABOVE
Thursday, January 19, 2023
Here's a story (linked below) that lists the best men's basketball coaches under the age of 40...
A guy not mentioned in this story is 37 year-old Dallas Maverick's assistant Sean Sweeney -- in photo above with Marcus Freeman -- a Notre Dame season ticket holder who makes South Bend his home in the NBA off-season. Here's a story on Sean Sweeney that you'll want to read...
The story first broke an hour ago and has since been confirmed by the University -- with their announcement of a press conference tomorrow...
And, with this quote from Mike Brey: “It has been a great run for me and our program over the past two decades, but it is time for a new voice to lead this group into the future. I want to thank our student-athletes, assistant coaches and support staff who have played such a key role in the culture we have created.”
Brey will leave the program as Notre Dame's all-time wins leader. Thank you Mike!!!
Wednesday, January 18, 2023
Sunday, January 15, 2023
Friday, January 13, 2023
Tuesday, January 10, 2023
Monday, January 9, 2023
Carrying one of the greatest names for a linebacker in college football history -- former Notre Dame football star Michael Stonebreaker was just announced as the 55th former Fighting Irish player or coach to be elected into the College Football Hall of Fame!
The interview above was from 2020 -- not much content floating around on the worldwide web of Mr. Stonebreaker...
Sunday, January 8, 2023
Saturday, January 7, 2023
Friday, January 6, 2023
Wednesday, January 4, 2023
Tuesday, January 3, 2023
Monday, January 2, 2023
The game winning catch was caught by Tulane Tight End Alex Bauman -- the brother of Notre Dame Tight End Kevin Bauman!
Here's a photo they took together before today's game in Dallas -- that Kevin tweeted out...
If you missed this game --- you need to find a replay of the final three minutes. Here's the Los Angeles Time's story about USC's absolute collapse...
LINK: EPIC USC COLLAPSE