Friday, December 31, 2021
🍀🎶 The @okstate marching band even paid tribute to the @NotreDameBand, which was forced to cancel its trip to the #FiestaBowl, by playing the @NDFootball fight song, after receiving the shoot music this afternoon.— PlayStation Fiesta Bowl (@Fiesta_Bowl) December 31, 2021
In honor of the Band of the Fighting Irish -- who were not allowed to attend the Fiesta Bowl do to COVID -- the Oklahoma State Marching Band played the Victory March at last night's event...
Thank you Oklahoma State!
Wednesday, December 29, 2021
Friday, December 24, 2021
Thursday, December 23, 2021
Wednesday, December 22, 2021
Tuesday, December 21, 2021
Monday, December 20, 2021
Sunday, December 19, 2021
Saturday, December 18, 2021
Football fans may remember the name Parker Boudreaux an offensive lineman from Florida who was with Notre Dame Football for one year and then transferred to the University of Central Florida.
Well, Parker just made his WWE debut this week -- as "Harland."
The Ferris State Bulldogs (my alma mater) plays Valdosta State (GA) tonight at 9 PM ET on ESPN U for the NCAA Division II National Championship.
If you want to see a "fearless" offense -- tune in tonight and catch the Bulldogs. They lead the country in scoring at more that 46 points per game. Ferris has been one of the top teams in Division II for the past nine years -- yet, they've never won this final game.
Tonight is the night!
Thursday, December 16, 2021
Wednesday, December 15, 2021
Tuesday, December 14, 2021
Monday, December 13, 2021
Sunday, December 12, 2021
The undefeated Ferris State Bulldogs (13 - 0) cruised to a 55 - 7 win yesterday in their NCAA Division II Semi-Final game against Shepherd University (WV). They travel to McKinney, TX this Saturday to play Valdosta State (GA) for the National Championship in Division II
This is the third straight -- lopsided win for the Bulldogs in the NCAA National Championship Tournament:
- December 11th: Ferris State 55 -- Shepherd 7
- December 4th: Ferris State 41 -- NW Missouri State 20
- November 27th: Ferris State 54 -- Grand Valley 20
On the season, Ferris State is:
- Averaging 46.4 points per game
- Averaging 507.1 yards per game on offense
- Average margin of victory: 28 points per game
Saturday, December 11, 2021
Friday, December 10, 2021
The #4 seed Notre Dame plays the #8 seed Clemson tonight in the NCAA Final Four -- the winner takes on the winner of #3 Georgetown vs #2 Washington this Sunday.
What's amazing is this Notre Dame team was picked to finish "LAST" in the Atlantic Coast Conference preseason poll. They rolled into the NCAA Tournament on a high after winning the ACC Championship!
You can watch the Fighting Irish tonight at 6 PM ET on ESPNU!
LINK: NCAA TOURNAMENT BRACKET
Thursday, December 9, 2021
Last night -- the University of Notre Dame put together an "all-star" panel of financial experts to talk about how to "Navigate Your Financial Future" -- this is great stuff:
- John Coyle, Head of the New York office of Primera & Notre Dame Trustee
- Jerry Seib, Executive Washington Editor -- Wall Street Journal
- Kim Flynn, Managing Director Alternative Investments -- XA Investments LLC
- Al Stashis, Estate Planning Attorney -- Dunwoody White & Landon P.A.
- T.J. Pillari, Gift Planning Team -- University of Notre Dame
Wednesday, December 8, 2021
Tuesday, December 7, 2021
Tomorrow night -- Wednesday, December 8th -- we'll be producing a LIVE Christmas show from the University of Notre Dame! We will be featuring:
- The Notre Dame Folk Choir
- Tenor: Joseph Oparamanuike
- Soprano: Blessing Agu
- Soloist: Kate Turner
- Soloist: Aubrey Breen
- And, much more!
You can watch this HOUR LONG broadcast LIVE at: go.nd.edu/jolly beginning at 8 PM ET!
If you're in the South Bend area and want to attend -- tickets are FREE -- just pick them up beginning at 7 PM ET tomorrow night at the DeBartolo Performing Arts Center. We ask that you be in your seats prior to 7:45 PM ET.
Monday, December 6, 2021
Sunday, December 5, 2021
The Bulldogs are now 12 - 0 on the season -- and 50 - 4 the last four seasons!
They now play next Saturday vs. Shepherd University (WV) in an NCAA SemiFinal game.
We didn't get the additional upset that we needed yesterday and we end up on the outside looking in to the College Football Playoff.
FINAL RANKINGS TOP SIX:
- NOTRE DAME
- Ohio State
And, we end up playing #9 Oklahoma State in the Fiesta Bowl on New Year's Day at 1 PM ET.
Saturday, December 4, 2021
Friday, December 3, 2021
About two months ago, I made the decision to make a gift to South Bend's Center for the Homeless of $1,842 -- and in return, they sent me this wonderful present -- see image above.
The ND Monogram is made of bricks from the old Corby Hall that was just re-built here on the University of Notre Dame campus -- a building that goes back to 1895.
South Bend's Center for the Homeless is led by a Domer named Steve Camilleri -- he and his team are doing wonderful things for those who are struggling in our community.
Think about doing this as well...
LINK: CENTER FOR THE HOMELESS
Thursday, December 2, 2021
NOON ET Kick-off: Oklahoma State (+5.5 pts) vs. Baylor (on ABC)
- Notre Dame will hope that Baylor finds a way to beat the Cowboys
- If they do -- Notre Dame moves up to #5 in rankings
4:00 PM ET Kick-off: Georgia (+6.5 pts) vs. Alabama (on CBS)
- Notre Dame will hope that Georgia beats Bama by 14+ points
- If the game is closer than that, I fear Bama stays in top 4 -- though they have no business doing so with their very difficult wins over some average teams these last few weeks
- Georgia's average margin of victory this season: 32.4 points
- If Bama gets walloped -- Notre Dame moves up in the rankings
4:00 PM ET Kick-off: Cincinnati (+10.5 pts) vs. Houston (on ABC)
- Notre Dame needs Houston to beat Cincinnati -- but not by much
- If Cincinnati loses -- Notre Dame moves up in the rankings
8:00 PM ET Kick-off: Michigan (+10.5 pts) vs. Iowa (on FOX)
- Notre Dame needs Iowa to beat Michigan
- This would more than likely be the biggest upset of the day
So, here is our best route to the College Football Playoffs:
- Decisive win for Georgia over Alabama -- this is a must
- Get Bama out of top 4 in final poll
- Bettors believe the closest game will be Baylor vs. Oklahoma State
Took a lap around the worldwide web this morning to see what the media has to say about the news that Marcus Freeman would be named the Dick Corbett Head Football Coach at the University of Notre Dame. Here's what I found:
LINK: NEW YORK POST
LINK: SPORTS ILLUSTRATED
LINK: SPORTING NEWS
LINK: CBS SPORTS
LINK: NBC SPORTS
Wednesday, December 1, 2021
Here are some of the highlights of Brian Kelly's deal that apparently makes him the "highest paid coach" in college football:
- 10 year base salary worth $95 million
- A "stay at LSU" bonus of $500,000 -- paid out every July 1st he is employed at LSU
- A "bowl bonus" of $500,000 for every bowl game LSU plays in
- A "SEC Championship game appearance" and he gets a bonus of $75,000
- A "SEC Championship" win and he gets a $150,000 bonus
- A "National Championship" win and he gets at $500,000 bonus
- Win the first "SEC Championship" and his compensation increases $250,000 -- every year for the life of his contract
- Win a "National Championship" and his compensation increases $500,000 -- every year for the life of his contract
- Two car allowance of $1,000 a month
- An interest free loan of $1.2 million to purchase a home
- 50 hours of travel per year on private jets
- If Kelly is fired "without cause" -- LSU still owes him 90% of the balance of the ten-year salary
- If Kelly leaves while the current Athletic Director is employed:
- He would pay a $4 million "buyout" if he left in the next year
- He would pay a $3 million "buyout" if he left in year two of his contract
- He would pay a $2 million "buyout" if he left in any year after two years into his contract
- If the LSU Athletic Director leaves while Kelly is the Head Coach -- Kelly does not owe LSU a contract buyout fee if he leaves before his contract ends.