Sunday, October 31, 2021
Saturday, October 30, 2021
Friday, October 29, 2021
Wednesday, October 27, 2021
Howey-in-the-Hills, Florida -- Frank Stams knows all about the joy and pride of winning a title, having played a pivotal role as an All-American defensive end on the 1988 Notre Dame team that went undefeated and claimed the school's 11th national championship in football. On Saturday (October 23), more than three decades removed from that glorious celebration on the gridiron, it was Stams (former Cleveland Browns LB) who hit the key shot at the clutch moment to propel his team of five to triumph at the 41st NFL Alumni Super Bowl of Golf, at Mission Inn Resort.
Faced with a 50-yard pitch shot on the second hole of a Shoot-Out, Stams entertained the assembled onlookers with a series of humorous lines and lauded the event itself before calmly lofting his shot at the hole. The ball rolled toward the cup, lipped out and settled two feet away. Moments later, one of his teammates, Justin Sopko, tapped in the putt to secure the victory and set off a raucous celebration around the 18th hole of the El Campeon Course at Mission Inn.
"I had so much fun playing with this great group of
guys, and everyone contributed today to make it such a special
experience," said Stams, who had captained his team to victory at the Cleveland
Chapter championship to earn a spot in the Super Bowl of Golf. "I was
fortunate to be part of a national championship team at Notre Dame and this is every bit as exciting to me to share this title with this group. I know I speak for all of our in saying it's such a thrill to win this national championship!"
Monday, October 25, 2021
Sunday, October 24, 2021
Thursday, October 21, 2021
And, you're all invited!
It's being hosted at Notre Dame's Law School and it's a subject we're all talking about now -- THE CHANGING LANDSCAPE OF NCAA STUDENT-ATHLETE COMPENSATION...
The University has four distinguished panelists who will be joining my neighbor and friend, Roger Alford who will be moderating this panel. Here's the group assembled:
- Makan Delrahim -- former Assistant Attorney General, U.S. Department of Justice
- Jeff Kessler -- Chairman, Winston & Strawn who is involved with a case involving a student-athlete suing the NCAA
- Sonny Vaccaro -- a legendary sports agent who represents Ed O'Bannon who is a plaintiff in a major case against the NCAA
- Lori Odierno -- Head of Legal Affairs at William Morris Endeavor Sports
It starts at 3 PM ET and goes to 4:30 PM ET -- tomorrow (Friday October 22nd) -- at the Eck Hall of Law, Room 1130
This will be a great discussion and it's FREE!
Wednesday, October 20, 2021
4⃣ years in the making...@NDMensGolf head coach @JHandrigan on their dominant win and how that helps their confidence for the rest of the #NCAAGolf season. 🏆@TheStephensCup x #JTSCup pic.twitter.com/RoZCpfL4S3— Golf Channel (@GolfChannel) October 20, 2021
The Fighting Irish of Notre Dame just finished the final round of STROKE PLAY with a team score of eight under par (-8) -- which was 20 strokes better than Arkansas! Team scores above...
Now, the #17 ranked Fighting Irish must regroup and take on #2 ranked Razorbacks in a MATCH PLAY final tomorrow that will determine the winning team.
The folks at the Golf Channel -- give us no chance against the talented Arkansas team, even after winning the stroke play portion of the event by TWENTY STROKES!!!
What does Ted Lasso say: "BELIEVE"
Live TV coverage begins at 3 PM ET on the Golf Channel!
Tuesday, October 19, 2021
Pat met with the media Monday to talk about their NBA opening game tonight vs. the Brooklyn Nets. It will be a fun game to watch on TNT at 7:30 PM ET.
He receives his NBA Championship Ring tonight in a ceremony that begins at 6:45 PM ET.
Monday, October 18, 2021
Hey Notre Dame nation -- don't look now, but we're building a golf power here at the University of Notre Dame!
The #17 ranked Fighting Irish lead after the first 36 holes of The Stephens Cup against some of the perennial top ranked golf programs in the country!
- #2 ranked Arkansas -- 15 strokes behind Notre Dame!
Tune in to the Golf Channel tomorrow at 3 PM ET to see our Notre Dame team play the final 18 holes of stroke play in this tournament. The top 4 teams then advance to a Match Play format on Wednesday to determine the champion.
Sunday, October 17, 2021
Saturday, October 16, 2021
His name is Steve Cott (Spring, TX) -- he's a grandson of Notre Dame alum Ray Tritz, '52 -- and he just converted his semi-truck cab to this!
Steve let me know he is a former graphic designer, who decided to leave that career behind for the happiness and freedom of driving a truck, all over America. Got to love this!
We're going to try to get Steve and his TRUCK (and maybe Grandpa Ray) to campus this next April during Notre Dame Day!
Thursday, October 14, 2021
It's going to be GREAT -- the Notre Dame Music Festival comes to you LIVE tonight from Notre Dame Stadium. The show begins at 7 PM ET and will run to approximately 10 PM ET. Here are the groups performing this evening:
- Notre Dame Glee Club
- Notre Dame Folk Choir
- Notre Dame Orchestra
- Gold & Blue Company
- The Undertones
- Notre Dame Pom Squad
- Notre Dame Drumline
- Notre Dame Chorale
LINK: WATCH IT ALL RIGHT HERE!
Wednesday, October 13, 2021
We'll be broadcasting LIVE tomorrow -- Thursday, October 14th -- from 7 PM ET to approximately 10 PM ET, under the lights inside Notre Dame Stadium!
Watch the entire Notre Dame Music Festival at the link below!
Tuesday, October 12, 2021
Thought I'd look at three stories that stand out after the first six football games of the 2021 Notre Dame Football season -- team #133 in the long storied history of this program...
- Four (4) of the six opponents faced had at least two weeks to prepare for Notre Dame: Florida State, Wisconsin, Cincinnati, Virginia Tech. This trend will continue in the 2nd half of the season, with these three (3) opponents having at last two weeks to prepare for their game with our Fighting Irish: University of Southern California, North Carolina and Virginia...
- Seven (7) "true freshmen" -- (I hate that term) have seen meaningful snaps on offense so far this season; Tyler Buchner, Blake Fisher, Joe Alt, Lorenzo Styles, Logan Diggs, Deion Colzie and Mitchell Evans. An "eighth" Cane Berrong (TE) has been involved in five plays on offense so far.
- Sixteen (16) players on the Notre Dame Football roster have been lost for at least one game so far this season due to injury -- and, a number of the following have been lost for the season: Marist Liufau, Blake Fisher, Michael Mayer, Kevin Bauman, Tyler Buchner, Osito Ekonwu, Joe Wilkins, Shayne Simon, Brendon Clark, Paul Moala, JoJo Johnson, Kurt Hinish, Will Schweitzer, Jacob Lacey, Michael Carmody, Tosh Baker.
Sunday, October 10, 2021
Saturday, October 9, 2021
Here's hoping you have access to the ACC Network -- because today they'll be broadcasting LIVE from Virginia Tech's Lane Stadium:
- 1 PM ET to 3 PM ET -- The Huddle, hosted by Domer Jordan Cornette
- 6 PM ET -- Pre-Game Show, hosted by Jordan Cornette
- 7:30 PM ET -- Notre Dame vs. Virginia Tech
- 10:30 PM ET -- at game's end, they will broadcast a post game show
Thursday, October 7, 2021
If you have intentions to watch Notre Dame's game vs. Virginia Tech this Saturday night -- you're not going to see it unless you have access to the ACC Network.
I "cut the cord' more than a year ago -- dropping cable TV to stream my programming through YouTube TV. The great thing about YouTube TV is that they have the ACC Network.
So, my advice to all of you who do not have the ACC Network on your cable system -- sign up TODAY to get YouTube TV -- last I knew they had a 7-Day Free Trial.
It's one way to watch Saturday's game!