Sunday, September 22, 2019
Okay, with the loss to Georgia -- we drop to #10 in the polls -- meaning we have the next eleven weeks to move up six more spots. Here's how we do it.
Week #1 -- BEAT #18 Virginia
- There's only two games this week -- with ranked teams taking on each other. Beat Virginia and ND probably remains #10
Week #2 -- BEAT Bowling Green
- Auburn and Florida play this week -- Florida loses, drops below Notre Dame.
- Win big over Bowling Green and Notre Dame moves to #9
Week #3 -- BEAT #21 USC
- Alabama travels to Texas A&M -- don't expect the Tide to lose this
- Texas travels to Oklahoma -- Longhorns beat Oklahoma
- Notre Dame beats USC handily -- and move up to #8
Week #4 -- SIT BACK and WATCH
- No teams ahead of Notre Dame play a ranked opponent this week.
- Notre Dame remains #8 in the polls
Week #5 -- BEAT #20 Michigan
- Auburn travels to LSU -- Auburn loses to LSU, drops below Notre Dame in the polls
- Notre Dame beats Michigan -- and moves up to #7 in the polls
Week #6 -- BEAT Virginia Tech
- Georgia travels to Florida -- Georgia handles the Gators
- Notre Dame beats VT -- and remains #7 in the polls
Week #7 -- BEAT Duke -- KEY WEEKEND FOR NOTRE DAME
- LSU travels to Alabama -- Bama wins handily, LSU drops below Notre Dame in the polls
- Iowa travels to Wisconsin -- Badgers lose to Hawkeyes, Wisconsin drops below Notre Dame in the polls
- Notre Dame beats Duke -- moves up to #5 in the polls
Week #8 -- BEAT Navy
- Georgia travels to Auburn -- Georgia wins handily
- Notre Dame beats Navy -- remains #5 in the polls
Week #9 -- BEAT Boston College
- Penn State travels to Ohio State -- Ohio State rolls the Nittany Lions
- Notre Dame rolls over BC -- remains #5 in the polls
Week #10 -- BEAT Stanford -- KEY WEEKEND FOR NOTRE DAME
- Alabama travels to Auburn -- Bama wins
- Ohio State travels to Ann Arbor -- Harbaugh saves job, beats Buckeyes -- who drop behind Notre Dame in the polls
- Notre Dame destroys Stanford -- moves up to #4 in the polls
Week #11 -- Conference Championships
- Georgia beats Alabama to win SEC
- Notre Dame moves up to #3 in the CFB Playoff
- Gets another shot at Clemson -- who drops to #2 behind Georgia (strength of schedule comparison vs. Georgia)
CFB PLAYOFF FINAL RANKINGS:
- Notre Dame
- Big Ten Champ or Big Twelve Champ
- It was a "black out" -- but, it looked more like a RED OUT!
- There were red and black tents, tablecloths and chairs -- on every square inch of green grass on campus. They don't have any parking lots around the Stadium -- so the tailgating is on campus grounds...
- The noise was beyond anything I've ever heard before. I thought Miami 2017 was loud -- this was at another level.
- The Georgia student section -- world-class! A little like Oakland's "Black Hole..."
- Don't know how we ever got any snap off in sync.
- First time I ever saw a football stadium turn into a night club -- the light show was impressive and effective -- pre-game and prior to 4th quarter! The top photo, that's the start of the fourth quarter light show -- a first for Georgia...
- The Georgia home field advantage -- is incredible.
- The campus is very nice -- and very hilly.
- The fans treated us very nicely -- now, if we had pulled the game out -- not so sure...
- The Georgia fan base did not sell their tickets to Notre Dame fans
- I was sitting with Tim Brown and Jerome Bettis at half-time on the Notre Dame bench when the Georgia "Red Coats" Marching Band -- marched directly at us on the sideline. See the photo of Jerome and Tim's reaction seeing the band charging at us -- that's me on the left:
- We miss quickness and speed at the running back spot
- Georgia's speed at every position (but OL and QB) -- is scary!
- Not sure what percentage of Georgia's starting line-up is "home grown" in the Peach State -- but, when they announced their starting line-up, it seemed like every player grew up in Georgia.
- I stood on the sideline for half of the game -- the hitting was intense
- Our kicking game -- solid
- We need to find a running game in big games like this...
- Dropped passes hurt us in the 1st half
- And, the penalties -- when I saw the officials come out onto the field with their SEC sweaters -- I knew we were in for a long day
- The Georgia fan base thought they were going to destroy us -- we earned their respect...
- Impressed we didn't cave -- in that environment, it would have been easy too!
- Georgia's home field advantage is at least 14 points -- it's a really tough environment to play in...
Need to beat Virginia!