Sunday, June 17, 2018

Happy Father's Day to My Dad & All the Dads!


This is a photo of my Dad (in the middle) celebrating the news, with four of his teammates, that he had just become a Dad for the first time!

He was a professional baseball player and in the middle of a road trip when word got to the team that I was born.  Back in the "good old days" baseball teams didn't allow you to stay home for the birth of a child.  Thankfully, those days are in the past...

I've been very lucky to have a wonderful Dad in my life -- who is as big of a Notre Dame fan as me!

Happy Father's Day -- DAD!

On a side note -- I had never seen this photo until a week ago.  My Aunt Barb found this in a box and gave it to my cousin Mike Doyle to text it to me to see if I could identify who was in the photo with my Dad.