Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The Third "Jim Small" With a Hole-In-One!


I just learned my dad, former Detroit Tiger outfielder Jim Small -- got his first hole-in-one this afternoon at Tullymore Resort (Stanwood, MI) at the age of 76.  He did this on hole #5 a 127 yard par three.   I'm not going to embarrass him with with what club he used -- but I'm sure he's telling everyone it was "into a stiff wind..."

Now, today's hole-in-one completes a unique golf "HAT TRICK" for the Small family:
  • Our oldest son Jimmy '08 -- got a hole-in-one October 2011 at Verdict Ridge Golf Club -- a course north of Charlotte, NC -- click here for the story
  • And, I've been fortunate to have two holes-in-one in my golf career.  One at Treetops Resort on the Rick Smith Course (Gaylord, MI) and the other at Walnut Creek Country Club (Wixom, MI)

Not sure how many family's have "three generations" of holes-in-one -- all, with the same first and last name!   Maybe we'll have to send this story on to the Golf Channel!

What I failed to point out is my brother Jay Small -- also has a hole-in-one -- making it FIVE HOLES-IN-ONE FOR OUR FAMILY!


LINK:  TULLYMORE RESORT