Saturday, February 9, 2013

2nd Anniversary of Grandma Barb's Death...

Woke up this morning thinking about my Grandma Barb Doyle...

It was two years ago today -- about 9:40 PM ET -- that I received the phone call from my Mom that Grandma had left for heaven.

I was sitting in a South Bend restaurant at a table with Bobby Knight, Digger Phelps, Rece Davis and some friends of mine from Notre Dame -- minutes after the IRISH had beat Louisville in overtime.

And now, here we are two years later and ESPN's in town again for a Notre Dame basketball game with Louisville.

Tip-off is slated for around 9 PM an I'll be in the seats cheering on the IRISH and saying a Hail Mary for my Grandma.

I miss you Grandma...

The photo above is of my Grandma Barb Doyle at the age of 93 -- standing with her great-grandson Jimmy -- our oldest.