Monday, October 19, 2015
The folks at ABC just announced that Notre Dame's game with Temple at Philadelphia's Lincoln Financial Field will be played at 8 PM ET -- in PRIME TIME!
Just another prime time tilt for the Fighting Irish.
This will be the 25th out of the last 32 road/neutral site games for Notre Dame that will be played in PRIME TIME -- since 2010. TV RATINGS!
Posted by Jim Small at 2:40 PM
If you follow the NDGOIRISH blog you would have seen my post last week where I laid out the five teams in Notre Dame's way of earning one of the four spots in the College Football Playoff.
That's assuming -- Notre Dame runs the table and beats three ranked teams -- ALL ON THE ROAD -- over the last six weeks of the season...
Now, I'm giving one of the four spots to the SEC Champion and I'm giving another spot to the Big Ten Champion -- so, as I see it -- Notre Dame needs to finish ahead of two of the following conference champions: ACC, Big 12 and Pac 12.
Here are the FIVE TEAMS from these conferences in Notre Dame's way of earning a College Football Playoff spot -- and the ranked teams left on their schedule:
- @ Oklahoma State
- @ TCU
- They do not face a ranked team for the rest of the season
- @ Oklahoma State
- @ Oklahoma
- Florida State
- @ Clemson
- @ Florida
So, here's how it needs to play out:
BAYLOR / TCU -- this needs to happen:
- We need Baylor and TCU to lose one of their games with Oklahoma and Oklahoma State
- If only one of the teams loses -- that team needs to win the game between Baylor and TCU on November 27th
UTAH -- this needs to happen:
- Utah needs to lose one game -- they have these games left on the road; USC, Washington and Arizona
CLEMSON -- this needs to happen:
- They need to lose to Florida State
FLORIDA STATE -- this needs to happen:
- They need to beat Clemson -- then get hammered by Florida when they travel to the Swamp to take on the Gators on November 28th
And, we need STANFORD to keep on winning -- BIG!!! Setting up our game in Palo Alto on November 28th as our "play-in" game for the College Football Playoff!
Posted by Jim Small at 9:07 AM