Morgan Andrews (Milford, NH) -- an incoming member of the University of Notre Dame's Class of 2017, was just named the Gatorade National High School Girls Soccer Player of the Year -- for the second year in a row!
Andrews is the FIRST soccer player EVER to be named the PLAYER OF THE YEAR two times in the 28 year history of the award! Morgan becomes the eighth Notre Dame student-athlete to be named a Gatorade National Player of the Year -- the first ever two-time winner:
- Ron Powlus -- football, 1993
- Denise Boylan -- volleyball, 1997
- Greg Dalby -- soccer, 2003
- Melissa Henderson -- soccer, 2007
- Skylar Diggins -- basketball, 2009
- Dillon Powers -- soccer, 2009
- Molly Seidel -- cross country, 2011
- Morgan Andrews -- soccer, 2012 & 2013
LINK: ANDREWS NAMED PLAYER OF THE YEAR -- AGAIN!