Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Notre Dame Wins @ Michigan This Week!


Is this a good omen!?

This Monday, two life-long Notre Dame fans -- played in the shadow of the "Little House" on the University of Michigan Golf Course in the Golf Association of Michigan's 21st GAM Net Team Championship -- and WON!

Rich (Brighton, MI) and Rick (Walled Lake, MI)  Rachner, a father / son combination -- who can be seen at ND football games and road games with their hand made "Golden Dome" helmets -- shot a 63 to win this state championship.  Here's what Rick had to say about the experience:

"Jim, this was my thoughts as I drove in that morning to meet my dad at the range to warm up… I see the new stadium as I am driving North through the center of downtown Ann Arbor…and my first thought, as hard as it is to admit, was, wow, that looks awesome, they finally did something right….then as I got next to the stadium and was driving through its shadow I had the unbelievable feeling that we were coming into enemy territory and it was our day to claim victory…as I turned the  corner, away from the shadow, and put my blinker on to turn into U of M Golf Course, I looked over my left shoulder at the stadium…and confidently said to myself….”Today is our day and Sept 10th will be our day”….and 1 of 2 task complete…

From the golf course you could see the stadium and for some reason the stadium seemed to provide us with energy…one would think it would have had the opposite effect, but is there anything better for a Domer than to win on U of M soil…"

Congratulations Rich and Rick -- you did the Fighting Irish proud!!!


Please note:  That's Rick on the left and Rich on the right, in their championship photo above.