Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Weis' Former Players -- Have His Back!

Frankly, I was glad to see today's article in the South Bend Tribune.  From what you hear, Charlie Weis made his share of enemies over his five-years at Notre Dame -- the media turned on him pretty quick (note the Sporting News cover).  I for one -- and I might be on a short list -- am thankful for all Charlie did for our program.  He proved that Notre Dame can recruit elite talent again -- Bob Davie and Ty Willingham weren't convinced this could be done.  He also brought some "bravado" back into this program -- however short lived.  And, he brought back what I like to call "Notre Dame Moments" -- like "Pass Right."  A big thank-you to ND GO IRISH BLOG regular contributor, Dr. Jim Clancy for alerting me to this story.  Today's South Bend Tribune interviewed a number of former players -- now in the NFL -- who played for Charlie at Notre Dame -- here's a link to the article:

LINK:  CHARLIE'S BOYS -- HAVE HIS BACK