Tuesday, December 14, 2010
The 2010 NFL Season is winding down -- so, the ND GO IRISH BLOG decided to take a "lap" around the League and see how a few of our favorite Notre Dame football players are doing. You'll note a number of season ending injuries to a few former Notre Dame stars -- two this weekend! It's a good thing they have that Notre Dame degree!!!
LINK: JIMMY CLAUSEN -- CAROLINA PANTHERS
LINK: JUSTIN TUCK -- NEW YORK GIANTS
LINK: KYLE McCARTHY -- DENVER BRONCOS
LINK: BRADY QUINN -- DENVER BRONCOS
LINK: CHINENDUM NDUKWE -- CINCINNATI BENGALS
LINK: JOHN CARLSON -- SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
LINK: GOLDEN TATE -- SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
LINK: RYAN GRANT -- GREEN BAY PACKERS
LINK: SERGIO BROWN -- NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
LINK: DAVID BRUTON -- DENVER BRONCOS
LINK: ANTHONY FASANO -- MIAMI DOLPHINS
LINK: JULIUS JONES -- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS
LINK: JEFF FAINE -- TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS
LINK: DEREK LANDRI -- CAROLINA PANTHERS
LINK: RYAN HARRIS -- DENVER BRONCOS
LINK: JOHN SULLIVAN -- MINNESOTA VIKINGS
LINK: TOMMY ZBIKOWSKI -- BALTIMORE RAVENS
LINK: MAURICE STOVALL -- TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS
LINK: VICTOR ABIAMIRI -- PHILADELPHIA EAGLES
LINK: MARK LEVOIR -- NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
LINK: TREVOR LAWS -- PHILADELPHIA EAGLES
LINK: COREY MAYS -- KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
LINK: JORDAN BLACK -- HOUSTON TEXANS
LINK: HUNTER SMITH -- WASHINGTON REDSKINS
Posted by Jim Small at 5:15 PM
LINK: WHO STARTS AT QB NEXT YEAR FOR THE IRISH?
Posted by Jim Small at 12:41 PM
LINK: THE MILLION DOLLAR ROAD TRIP -- BLOG
Posted by Jim Small at 8:30 AM
It's about time... If you're going to have a 'Ring of Honor' in Notre Dame's Purcell Pavillion -- to recognize Irish basketball stars -- the VERY FIRST player honored should have been Austin Carr. Well, on February 26th -- Austin Carr will finally get that recognition, as he'll join Luke Harangody and Ruth Riley in Notre Dame's Ring of Honor.
Austin Carr is the greatest basketball player in the history of the University of Notre Dame -- PERIOD! Take a look at what he accomplished wearing the uniform of the Fighting Irish:
- 2,560 career points -- in just 3 seasons -- at the time, the fifth-all time in college history and Notre Dame's all-time scoring leader
- a 34.5 career scoring average at Notre Dame
- during his last two seasons at Notre Dame, Carr scored more than 1,000 points in both seasons -- joining Pete Maravich as the second player in college basketball history to accomplish this
- holds the single game scoring record for most points in an NCAA Tournament game; 61 points, and most field goals scored in a game; 25 -- folks this was before the 3-point line!
- holds the career scoring average record -- for the NCAA Tournament -- averaging 41.3 points a game in the seven games he played -- a record most experts believe will never be broken!
- named National Player of the Year and a consensus All-American in his senior season
- ESPN named him one of the Top 25 College Basketball Players of All Time!
- Inducted into the second class of the College Basketball Hall of Fame in 2007
LINK: AUSTIN CARR IN MUSIC VIDEO
Posted by Jim Small at 7:45 AM