Thursday, November 18, 2010

More Than 50,000 Unique Visitors -- Thank You!

Ten months ago, I launched this blog because I was literally "shamed" into it.  You see, I had just given this advice to my oldest son Jimmy (2008 Notre Dame grad) and my good friend Brian Brady's daughter, Erin (2008 Saint Mary's grad) four weeks earlier: "If I was your age I would;  1) Build a blog about anything you're passionate about and,  2) And, learn how to build an audience for it."  

Well, on January 26, 2010 -- I received an email from my ND grad with a link to a blog he had just created!  My reaction was two-fold, I was excited and proud that he had listened to his Dad (for the first time in his life) -- and I was personally ashamed that I had never followed through on my own advice.  Quite the quandary!

So, believe it or not -- that afternoon I went to work on building a blog about my passion -- the University of Notre Dame.  And, as they say - the rest is history.

Thankfully,  now more than 50,000 of you (we passed that mark this morning) -- who also share a passion for Notre Dame -- have joined me on this journey.  You come from all 50 states and now more than 100 countries around the world.  ALEXA, which ranks the traffic counts for millions of websites around the world, ranks the ND GO IRISH BLOG site among the top 11% in the world -- for web traffic.  Pretty amazing stuff when you think about the story behind this effort!

I want to thank all 50,000 of you for making the ND GO IRISH BLOG part of your daily "Notre Dame fix" on the web.  You inspire me to keep going.


The next goal:  80,795 unique visitors -- so I can say "We filled up Notre Dame Stadium..."

THANK YOU!


Jim Small
Just Like You -- A Notre Dame Fan!